Hey there, faithful readers!
I am so honored to have been chosen for the Blogger Recognition Award. I want to thank Hannah from Life as Mrs Yolo for nominating me!
In acceptance of the award, there are a few things I need to do.
- I must thank the Blogger who nominated me and provide a link to their blog.
- I must write a post to show the award.
- I must write a brief story on how my blog started.
- I must give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- I must select 15 bloggers to pass this award on to.
- I must comment on each of their blogs to let them know they have been nominated for this award and provide a link to this post.
How did your blog start?
My blog was birthed out of a journey that I have been traveling for many years. As most of you know, I was handpicked by God to carry multiple chronic illnesses. Over the years, I have learned that I am not expected to carry them by myself, because my Heavenly Father is the strength within me bearing my burdens for me out of love. I have been unable to work for a year so I spend the majority of my time at home—alone. I felt a strong call from the Lord to use my story as a beacon of hope for those battling struggles in health or everyday life. Each post I write is given to me by the Holy Spirit; and I pray each time that just the right person will read it at just the right time! It is also my hope and prayer that we as Christians will live “beyond the noise” as we navigate our voyage towards an eternity with our Savior!
What are 2 pieces of advice to new bloggers?
I am no expert when it comes to blogging. Honestly, I don’t have a huge following or have thousands of views every month. So if you’re looking for blog growth advice, you should look else-where! However, I do have a couple pieces of advice I would like to share.
- Write about what you’re passionate about. Obviously, it would be silly for a single woman with no kids to write about parenting; but it is just as counter-intuitive for you to write about topics that you’re not passionate about. Your tone and lack of excitement will be conveyed through your typed words and readers will see right through the disingenuous nature of your posts. I would suggest taking some time first to seek out what it is that you enjoy and are knowledgeable of and progress from there. If you take this advice, my next piece of advice will be that much easier!
- Don’t quit when you’re discouraged. I know this is easier said than done, and I went through this not too long ago. I was putting in the time and effort to make my blog a place of hope and I was aware that in order to make an impact, it obviously needed to be read. Some of my posts had between 100-300 views, while the majority didn’t even break the hundred-mark. Does God Really Care What I Wear? reached 982 which was incredible for my blog, yet the following posts dropped back down to my normal low view counts. I began thinking and believing that this was all a waste and maybe I should just quit. I expressed these feelings to a friend and not 5 minutes later my phone buzzed with a new follower notification. It was only one, but it was a little nudge from the Lord reminding me that this is a calling and I can’t quit a calling! The next post I wrote called Why I realized Marriage Is Not for Me got 1400 views in 2 days; and I received so many personal messages, texts and comments thanking me for my honesty and vulnerability! It was a reality check and example of why not to give up when the going gets tough. Remember you never know how your next post will impact someone!
So, now to the part you were all waiting for!
*Drum roll please*
In no particular order, here are my 15 nominees for the Blogger Recognition Award.
Nikki from Grief To Hope
Angel from Living Life Well
Stacey from Gracefully Overcoming
Jackie from Haute Mess Life
Emily from Emily Lofgren
Diane from Worth Beyond Rubies
Lauren from Friends with God
Millie from Homemaking with Millie
Ellen from Scripture Confident Living
Alisha from Become Less
Lois from Live Nourished
Sarah from Christ Centered Mama
Sara from Sara Lauren Lewis
Bailey from The Thin Place
Nicole from Simply Nicole
I believe a “Congratulations!” is in order to all the nominees! Please, please, please check out their blogs. Each one of these writers bring something special to the blogging world and it is my pleasure to nominate all of them!